Colorado Tech Weekly brings you the top 10 technology stories of the past week and the best upcoming local tech events every Monday morning!
Last week the Colorado Technology Association did their annual Colorado Tech Tour which I look forward to reading about every year because the tour does a much better job of highlighting cool tech stories around the state than I could ever do. In the interest of aggregating news from different news sources for you, I did not just share all the Colorado Tech Tour stories. Instead you can read them here.
I highlighted the Denver R User Group event this week because I am intrigued about our never-ending quest to understand ourselves. It seems that about 10 years ago, our answer to understand more was to get more data. Now we are overwhelmed with data and we want to know how to turn it into knowledge. I wonder how we'll decide to try to understand ourselves 10 years from now.
Have a great week!
Top Colorado Technology News
- Greetings, earthlings: Westminster's DigitalGlobe team helps customers derive insights from satellite imagery [BuiltinColorado]
- Amazon probing for Boulder office space [BusinessDen]
- Westminster-based SpotX celebrates 10 years of business with a new office [SpotX]
- Lockheed Martin begins building $350 million satellite facility in Jeffco [DBJ]
- Redbarre teases 4,000 jobs at new video production facility in Parker [DenverPost]
- Find your dream job: These 5 Colorado companies are hiring this month [BuiltinColorado]
- Douglas County-based Dish Network's Q2 net income drops like a rock [DBJ]
- Broomfield's Level 3’s earnings down 2 cents per share year-over-year [BizWest]
- Fintech and Fort Lewis College power Durango's growth [CTA]
- CTA tours Colorado tech industry [CSBJ]
Top Upcoming Events
- 8/9 - Bootcamper's Collective - Code Sessions: Angular UI-Router 101
- 8/9 - Denver Java Users Group - Spring Boot Apps in Containers Using Docker
- 8/9 - PyData Denver - It's Hot....so Come See Some Cool Data Science Use Cases
- 8/10 - Denver R User Group - kerasR: building neural networks (deep and otherwise) in R using keras
- 8/10 - Denver Tech & Design Community - Women in Tech Panel
- 8/10 - Denver/Boulder Cybersecurity Meetup - Expert Series: Clark Hobbie, Miranda and Open Source
- 8/12 - IGDA Denver - IGDA Denver Kickoff
- 8/13-8/16 -360|iDev - The Largest Indie iOS/Mac Conference in the US
- 8/15-8/17 - Data Science & Business Analytics - RMACC High Performance Computing Symposium 2017
Thank you for reading!
If you know of any other good news stories or sources about tech in Colorado or if you have any news stories or opinions of your own about Colorado tech, email me at [email protected].