Hello, we're MakeMusic (A Peaksware Company)
Our mission is to develop innovative solutions that transform how music is composed, taught, learned, and performed. More than a software company, MakeMusic is a collection of people and personalities who share a passion for music. Music is all we do and we do it better than anyone else.
Why Work with Us?
We are musicians and educators ourselves! Performing, teaching, creating, and learning music are at the heart of everything we do.
An Insider's view of MakeMusic (A Peaksware Company)
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
The company encourages employees to take time for sports and fitness. It provides a decent fitness reimbursement, which I always use to buy my snowboarding gear and season passes. The company also has a flexible schedule including work from home days, which makes it easy for me to handle my personal issues.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
As a product lead, it's my job to make sure projects get done well. And what's the best way to do that? Over communication. I collaborate with a variety of teams across the company, including marketing, sales, customer support, developers and more. Talking with people face to face is the best way to connect with them, and get sh*t done.
Product Lead Internal Business Systems
What makes someone successful on your team?
My team is successful due to excellent communication, hard work, and collaboration among members. Similar to what's required for a successful band, we all strive individually to become better at what we do, as well as check our egos at the door. This allows us to support each other and the company in creating high quality software.
How do you make yourself accessible to the rest of the team?
I make myself available through regular weekly team meetings and weekly/biweekly one-on-ones. In addition to that, I keep my door open as much as I possibly can because we are dealing with customer problems in real-time. I never want a team member to feel like they can't approach me with a question or see my office as the principal's office!
Customer Support Manager
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
My work at MakeMusic has led me across departments into a position that uses my skills as a musician and engineer. I began working in our Customer Support team, which was an important opportunity to sharpen my product knowledge and communication skills. I later became a content developer, and after three years I now manage the team.
Production Manager, Repertoire Development
Where we are
Our north Boulder location offers sweeping mountain views and nearby trails for lunchtime rides and runs.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Vacation & Time Off
Lunch and learns
Promote from within
- Success and failure are both team sports; either we all succeed together, or we all fail together.RyanTech Manager
- The work-life balance is the best I've seen in my career. Emphasis is on communication, as long as you're available by some means, there's freedom & autonomy for teams to figure out the best ways to work together as a team.JasonFinale Product Development
- We learn so much from taking risks on new ideas and failing than we do from just doing the safe thing time and time again. We aren’t going to get it right 100% of the time, and that’s ok. As long as we learn from the failure we are making progress.SoniaVP Customer Team
- I've experienced upward growth because my supervisors and colleagues have helped me recognize and cultivate potential I didn’t know I had. My skill set now extends across departments and far beyond the background I initially brought to the table.GretaCustomer Success Representative
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- ASP.NET CoreFrameworks
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Pivotal TrackerManagement
- Google SlidesManagement
- Google DocsManagement
- MozLead Gen