Hello, we're FirstBank
We serve as the technical force behind Colorado’s largest locally owned bank. Our technology department is currently 300+ strong, with big plans for growth. We owe our success to the core values we’ve held since we were founded in 1963. We’ve maintained a commitment to convenience, intentional customer service, and loyalty to our employees.
Why Work with Us?
We are set apart by our blend of financial stability and proactive vision for technology. Work-life balance matters to us: most of our tech employees have the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week. We believe in promoting from within: striving to create a culture that fosters growth and development both personally and professionally.
An Insider's view of FirstBank
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
Work-life balance at FirstBank is exactly what I was looking for. The flexible hours and work-from-home opportunities allow my work to fit into my life more easily. As someone who lives for the outdoors, whether it be climbing, fishing, or skiing, FirstBank has allowed me to maximize my productivity in the office while still pursuing my passions.
What projects are you most excited about?
I am most excited about building new solutions and migrating applications to the cloud. We are constantly looking for opportunities to deliver products and services built on leading-edge technologies that enable us to remain competitive. Moving to the cloud is allowing us to combine a flexible architecture and become responsive to business needs.
How does the company support your career growth?
I started 18 months ago as a Java Developer. I have already been promoted to the next level technically. There is continuous support from FirstBank to stay up to date with current technology trends, for example: online courses, classroom training and certifications.
How do you make yourself accessible to the rest of the team?
I take the approach that I work for my team: they are my customers. If I can respond to them quickly, then I can reinforce the momentum that they have worked so hard to create.
Chief Information Officer
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
I started with FirstBank in April 2006 as a Management Trainee. As a recent graduate with a Marketing degree, I thought, “I’ll give this a try”. 13 years later I am now an Executive Vice President overseeing our PMO. I am grateful for the journey FirstBank has allowed me to take with me career. They truly value, promote, and support growth.
Executive Vice President
Where we are
We are conveniently headquartered in scenic West Denver with amazing views of the mountains and downtown. Plus, the commute is refreshingly light.
Perks + Benefits
Volunteer in local community
Partners with Nonprofits
Friends outside of work
Eat lunch together
Dedicated Diversity/Inclusion Staff
Highly diverse management team
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Volunteer Time
- The culture at FirstBank sets us apart from other Financial Institutions. We stand united and live by our 'banking for good' mission statement.
- FirstBank has provided me with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Employees are encouraged to find opportunities to expand our knowledge through various resources. This could be by attending conferences or through online training.ChadSenior System Administrator
- This company has offered me so many opportunities and I couldn’t be more grateful. I always tell people that I have had five careers, I have just been lucky enough to have them all at the same company.JamieAgile Coach
- I am pleased to be a part of a caring and employee-friendly organization. I could easily spend decades of my career at FirstBank because it allows for an immense amount of career growth within a short span of time.ManinderJava Developer
- My favorite part about working at FirstBank is the team work. My team consists of a Software Development Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Developers, Testers, WebOps, DevOps, Business Sponsors and we ALL truly pull together as a TEAM.SabrinaProject Manager
Technology we use
- Objective CLanguages
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Adobe AnalyticsAnalytics