Hello, we're Fanatics
E Commerce, Sports, Technology
Why Work with Us?
You don't have to love sports to work here (though we love sports fanatics as well!). Fanatics is an industry leading, billion dollar, international, privately held company with a casual, lofty space in the heart of Downtown Boulder. We have the advantages of a startup, without the pitfalls.
An Insider's view of Fanatics
What are some social events your company does?
We try to do several fun things each month. From root beer floats, baking competitions and game nights to potluck lunches, cooking classes, movies, Festivus, birthday celebrations and happy hours. With an office of 30+ people, we try to have a variety of events to cover the different interests in the office.
What does your typical day look like?
Working at the Fanatics Boulder office makes for a great work day- through the day it's easy to maintain a balance of concentrating on work, communicating with my team, and taking a break for lunch or a walk. I really enjoy being able to work a modern office setting with nice equipment, snacks, and friendly co-workers.
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
I've been with Fanatics 15 months. I've learned three new languages. I became a go-to person in our office for AWS and DevOps skills. I've influenced code quality standards, architecture, and what frameworks and languages we use. We are encouraged to continually learn and grow, and given agency to put our new skills to use in meaningful ways.
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
When architecting a solution, we allow each team the ability to choose the correct tool for the sitiuation. We do not force them to use any particular languages or technologies. The teams have found that creating lightweight POCs frequently turn into full fledged solutions rather quickly.
Director, Branded Engineering
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
We collaborate using a lot of methods depending on which area of the business that we need to talk to. Most tech focused teams rally around Slack conversations. Discussions outside of the tech team tend to use more traditional channels like email, video, Jira, and Git. People from other offices are also always coming to "visit" us in Boulder.
Manager, Software Development
Where we are
We are on the top floor of the Randolph Building on the corner of Walnut and Broadway in Downtown Boulder, with views of the mountains and downtown!
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Job Training & Conferences
- Working with passionate people and bleeding edge web technologies to build a powerful CMS that creates dynamic UX across hundreds of sites
- I love this place. It has a very rare mix of talent and personality. Fanatics makes me want to be a better person professionally and personally (corny but true!)
CameronSite Reliability Engineer
- Sometimes you happen upon the right fit. Fanatics is definitely the right fit for me. The work is challenging, rewarding, and dynamic, and I work with an amazing group of talented people who are all incredibly driven to succeed at every task.RyanSenior Product Manager
- When I started, I didn't know anything about sports and I never thought I would enjoy soccer! Now I'm a huge Denver Sharks fan...TomSenior Engineering Manager, Branded
Technology we use
- Twitter BootstrapLibraries
- Maria DBDatabases
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
Articles we're in13 articles
Our funding history
Investors: Softbank, Alibaba, NFL, NFLPA, MLB