Tessera Data - Head of Sales (Remote)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for a Head of Sales to join our growing Sales team at Tessera Data. Reporting to the GM, this person will lead, train, and develop our Sales org, and be a senior member of the GTM leadership team. The right leader will bring a data driven and high expectations playbook, and have a track record of going from zero to one, taking new products to market and disrupting them. This individual has an extensive professional network, and works collaboratively with GTM to identify opportunities and grow our business. We’re looking for someone who will have a huge impact - someone who can build a world-class team, and champion for empowering their team to operate effectively to drive growth.
- Proven ability to sell enterprise grade customers and navigate 7 figure contracts.
- Build a strong sales team, doubling the team size from 4 - 8, while setting and achieving against aggressive targets
- Control all aspects of the sales process, implementing strong pipeline management, and a predictable sales process that generates superior outcomes
- Maintain strong relationships with our existing account base, and finding expansion opportunities that deliver exceptional customer value
- Support, mentor, and develop the team members, preparing team members for growth and leadership opportunities.
- Headcount planning and recruiting high-performing leaders to the team
- Establish quarterly and monthly goals for the Sales team in order to hit our annual plan
- Provide visibility into key metrics for team and senior leadership
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in Sales, B2B SaaS and management experience required.
- Proven success scaling Sales organizations, developing multi-year strategies and delivering key results.
- A scrappy, roll your sleeves up, attitude.
- Proficiency in Salesforce reporting and have detailed knowledge including sourcing, prospecting.
- Experience partnering cross-functionally to develop and execute on lead generations campaigns and other tactics to drive pipeline growth.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $237,023 to $493,350 OTE.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Tessera
Tessera is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Tessera believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Tessera also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Tessera's commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.