The Technical BDM acts as a business partner to the regional Solution Engineering Managers and supports the Solution Engineering leadership team in delivering technical and operational excellence.
The successful candidate will have extensive Pre-Sales experience and understand first-hand the challenges and needs of a high-touch Solution Engineering team. The successful candidate will work alongside the regional Solution Engineering Managers to identify, plan, and execute initiatives that drive scale and efficiencies within the team.
The BDM role will be diverse in scope and the ideal candidate should possess the dexterity to juggle multiple activities with a programmatic approach. This could range from defining a project's requirements and success criteria, all the way through to creating internal processes and reporting. The ideal candidate will have a blend of Technical Pre-Sales, Project Management and Marketing experience, and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across functions. The individual will be self-motivated, action orientated, prepared to take ownership, and is passionate about the Solution Engineering team's wider success and ultimately Zoom's customer happiness.
As a BDM you will:
- Partner with the Solution Engineering leadership and Management team on tactical and strategic projects
- Identify initiatives from the field's perspective that could drive greater scale and efficiency
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to support and deliver leadership team goals and objectives
- Provide regional inputs and feedback to help leadership build and prioritize development strategy
- Build and lead internal project teams to drive cross organizational projects
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders to share best-practices and assets
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communicator and ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to varying levels of technical audience and size
- Project management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Create, present, and document process flows and outcomes
- Flexible approach and be able to function in a high growth environment
- Highly motivated, accountable, and self driven to deliver results
- Work with external 3rd parties where required
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in Collaboration technologies
- Extensive customer and field experience ideally in a pre-sales technical role
- Proven ability to collaborate at a distance and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Experience in other roles such as Project Management or Product Marketing
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram