Sr. Leader, Global Sales Strategy & Performance Management at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
You will own the high-profile transformation of our Sales Performance Management function, overseeing the harmonization of different sales reporting to unified set of priority metrics, building the right vehicles to deliver fact-based insights to business leaders, and working across technical systems to build a single data repository and automated reporting methods. You will act as the primary “go-to person” for sales performance and own the creation and delivery of Senior Executive and Board materials pertaining to sales performance.
You will lead 10-15 people split across 2 reporting teams (Enterprise & SMB), providing guidance, feedback, and coaching to the team to ensure every team member is operating to the best of their ability, and setting direction for the team to ensure all projects are operating in a coordinated manner.
You will work closely with teams across Finance and Operations to create single executive view and with Engineering and Enterprise Architecture to understand the underlying systems. You will also work closely with Commercial leaders to cascade priority metrics into actionable insights for them to run their day-to-day business.
What you bring:
- 3-4 years in strategy consulting or a related field
- 2+ years of people management; clear skills in coaching and developing more junior members of a team
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to understand nuances across metrics and ability to build commercial story around data
- Clear, proactive communicator (both written and verbal); able to listen and work well with others while being confident and assertive where required
- Significant experience engaging business executives on a strategic level
- Quick ability to learn new and potentially technical topics, and then communicate this technical detail in a clear and simple way to a range of audiences
- Proactive and strategic thinker, able to look ahead and forsee issues and plan around them
- Commercially focused, with a desire to drive great outcomes for the business
- Excellent organizational skills; able to coordinate across multiple projects and stay on top of details
- Clearly demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong networks, both internally and externally
- A degree from a good university
Added bonus if you have:
- Technical expertise in payments products or other highly regulated industries
- Familiarity with Salesforce as a CRM system (technical knowledge not required)
- Experience in a cross-functional role requiring alignment across different senior parties
About the team
The Sales Operations team enables the end-to-end sales experience for all of the merchants in our high-growth Merchant business. We build and manage the tools and sales process used by the largest sales force in the industry to facilitate ~20%+ y-o-y growth across our $4 bn revenue business. We sit at the center of our commercial and functional teams to build the deal approval process in the complex and heavily regulated payments space and reduce the time to revenue for our payments products and services.
The team operates on an agile methodology to optimize the sales process, rapidly enable process enhancements through our own team of CRM developers, and then report out on sales performance for both executives and sales leaders. The interconnectivity of sales performance management with our underlying systems and processes allows the team to continuously adjust to changing commercial needs.
This year, our team is responsible for delivering on a large-scale Sales Operations transformation meant to bring our commercial teams together onto a single unified set of processes and tools, bringing the best from past acquisitions to set the strategy for future sales motions.
. This position may be eligible for bonus and/or commission.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.