Solutions Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As the Solution Architect you will define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS’ suite of Financial Services Applications and will coordinate and guide the work of others.
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with the Engagement Manager
- Contribute to the creation of a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements, providing current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives
- Contribute to and/or own the technical design document
- Complete and co/implement a configuration workbook
- Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirements
- Mentor Junior Architects when required to ensure quality and productivity
- Work with project team to design prototypes to validate application functionality
- Custom systems architecture and design for highly scalable and financial transaction- intensive applications, to include design of web-based user portals (front-ends); large, complex back ends; middleware interfaces to multiple products; and custom systems within and around the Omni footprint
- Systems integration and testing strategy
- Systems Implementation strategy
What you bring:
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Ability to understand the business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and artifacts (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)6 – 8 bullet points
- Experience with implementations on Mainframe, Client Sever, N-tier and Cloud platforms
- Experience with multiple DBMS platforms (DB2, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with multiple programming languages (SQL, Cobol, etc.)
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.