Solutions Architect - Video Surveillance (Remote) at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Solution Architect (SA) role focuses on pre-sales solution design for video surveillance solutions. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The SA analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
The SA develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and is seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The SA is expected to be subject matter expert in video surveillance solutions including cameras, video management software, and other solution components for the overall video surveillance solution. Additionally, the SA is expected to understand the interface of video surveillance into other related solution areas such as access control and IoT solutions in support of more comprehensive use cases.
What You'll Be Doing
- Consult, develop, and implement technical and related sales enablement plans with partners and internal/external customers to support revenue and margin goals.
- Provide Pre-Sales Technical Support, complex sales tool configurations, and systems design to implement systems software solutions and/or products.
- Conduct partner and sales technical team training. Assist Arrow customers and partners with technical certifications, or with product/technology demonstrations.
- Obtain training and maintain knowledge of industry standards, new technologies and current issues.
- Provide technical expertise, leadership, and business level consultation throughout the sales process for assigned opportunities.
- Provide pre-sales support by working with identified Arrow Strategic Accounts and opportunities at a technical account ownership level.
- Delivers client value by managing project efforts of being on time, within budget and with high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Assists customer in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyses the most cost-effective approach for the customer
- Uses various tools to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership and/or Return on Investment and explains to customers and Sales the business value of a solution and its benefits.
- Use tools to help sales recommend the proper solution to customers
- Recommend solutions where product selector cannot provide optimal answer
- Work on highly complex product proposals and recommend the proper solution
- Articulates to customers Arrow’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for Arrow.
- Guides customers in their decision making within Arrow Partners Video Surveillance solutions
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at Arrow, Customer, and Partner events and meetings.
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement
- Collaborates with Partners, Sales, and Business Development to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results
- This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
What We Are Looking For
- 4 Year Degree or Equivalent Experience Business Experience including
- 4+ years of pre-sales or technical architect experience for IP video surveillance solutions
Even Better if You Have
- Experience as a Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer or related
- Proven success and experience selling video surveillance technologies, solutions, and services, a plus
- Understanding of current system technologies
- Security Industry Specific Certifications for VMS, Access Control and Video Analytics, a plus
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications a plus
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)