Sales VP at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Sales VP will lead a team supporting accounts in need of and in support of wireless infrastructure. The successful candidate will execute and drive team selling initiatives to develop customer relationships and drive sales of Connectivity, Data Center Colocation and Cloud Infrastructure services. The Sales VP is responsible for providing coaching, leadership, and development to a team of Sales professionals, as well as providing sales leadership within Zayo. This role will drive the team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and provide guidance and counsel throughout the sales process to drive the sales cycle to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15-20 years’ experience solution selling into large accounts.
- 10-12 years’ demonstrated experience leading successful sales teams.
- Strong financial acumen. Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building and maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management and the strategic selling process.
- Effective problem solving, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency and desire to rapidly accelerate results and career with Zayo Group Sales
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diverse group of personalities; must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP Transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access, and Colocation.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50% of the time
- Lead a team to generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo Network products and services to targeted account base
- Provide coaching to team of Sales representatives in the sale of Zayo products and services to regional account patch
- Oversee the teams’ recruiting, hiring, and training program; including participation in training new hires as they are onboarded
- Working closely with Direct Sales and Product Groups
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue targets
- Identify, initiate contact with, and qualify potential customers
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts of sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts
- Provide accurate and timely information to management
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate the latest Zayo products and services
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Zayo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Zayo in the marketplace
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave