Sales Manager, US East (Growth) at CircleCI
As a Sales Manager for our Boston based sales growth team, you will be responsible for maximizing the efforts of your team to prospect and close growth within our committed customer accounts, efficiently grow headcount and productivity, collaborate with the US Head of Sales Growth and other stakeholders to improve sales strategy in your market. This role is specifically focused on driving expansion within our committed customers, helping new business units and projects within organizations join their current use case.What you'll do:
- Lead and assist Growth Account Executive team in building account books, establishing consistent sales practices, negotiating contracts, and closing expansion deals.
- Represent the sales team’s issues and ideas for improvement to leadership and third-party stakeholders
- Hire Account Executives for all business segments (SMB, Commercial, Enterprise) with experience managing expansion sales (sales to existing accounts)
- Work closely with the Head of Sales Growth to establish quotas, forecast pipeline and revenue, and monitor progress. Responsible for revenue and profitability goals of the team.
- Collaborate heavily with Customer Success leadership in the US East market to ensure Growth and Retention strategies are customer aligned.
- Collaborate with the sales team on the entire sales process including strategy, lead generation, product trial management, negotiation, contracting, and closing
- Mentor and coach account executive team, grow their capabilities over time
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics, leveraging Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Meet with prospects and attend events in the region as needed, travel approximately 15% (COVID dependent)
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales process
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- 5+ years of technology sales experience, including 3+ years managing complex deal cycles ($100,000 contracts), and 1+ years managing a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience leveraging Salesforce as a manager
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience closing expansion deals and working with executive stakeholders at large organizations
- Experience collaborating extensively with Customer Success
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- BA/BS Degree in related field (Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science Preferred)
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.