Sales Development Representative, Teams at Stack Overflow (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
We are one of the most popular websites in the world - a community-based space focused on increasing productivity, decreasing cycle times, accelerating time to market, and protecting institutional knowledge.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We embrace collaboration, transparency, and believe in leading with empathy; creating an environment where every Stacker knows they belong. We embrace that the unique contributions and points of view of all Stackers contribute to our success.
We are a Best Company to Work For, in addition to being recognized for Best Company Leadership, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Perks and Benefits, Best Company Work-Life Balance, Best Company Compensation, and Best Company Outlook.
We are a remote-first company with Hiring HUBs based in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
We are hiring a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our rapidly growing team. This is a critical part of our high-performing sales team. As an SDR, you will be responsible for uncovering and developing qualified opportunities from inbound leads as well as via creative outbound prospecting for our Stack Overflow for Teams Sales Team. Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, you will be challenged, you will develop as a sales professional, and you will have fun!
What you'll do:
- Create new business opportunities to drive Stack Overflow's growth
- Work closely with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff and a good experience for our future customers
- Engage with key stakeholders at target accounts within a set region
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow's product and business
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow's platform and our position within the global developer community
- Perform daily prospecting activities including:
- Pre-call research and planning
- Connecting with prospects on the phone
- Following up with previous contacts (nurturing leads)
- Maintaining Salesforce records
- Social selling
What you'll need to have:
- 1-3 years of proven excellence in business development, preferably in SaaS or technology-based company
- BA/BS degree
- Focused, self-motivated, outgoing, curious, and creative personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong and professional presence to high-level executives
- Ability to self manage tasks and achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in software sales
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share, and level up
- Experience with G-suite & Salesforce, is a plus
- ***US West Coast / PST Time Zone preferred
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We're committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What You'll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity (RSUs) for all employees at all levels
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Home office allowance of $2,000 (for remote employees) with an additional $450 allowance on each anniversary date
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, MyAcademy and Overdrive
Stack Overflow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and these pillars are at the heart of how we work together here at Stack. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For individuals based in California, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.