Regional VP, Sales at Apostrophe, Inc.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute the business development plan for regional business growth (Colorado, Michigan, Chicago, Kansas, AZ)
- Generate, develop and qualify potential leads with targeted self-funded plan sponsors (selling direct) leveraging various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, client referrals, broker referrals and partner relationships
- Effectively operate within SFDC & Salesloft to matriculate leads and opportunities to maintain good data hygiene and accurate reporting
- Maintain a deep knowledge of legacy health plans and industry competitors so as to understand how to effectively position the Apostrophe solution to prospects.
- Build relationships with net new brokerage/consulting firms in assigned markets and expand existing relationships within existing markets
- Conduct well thought and prepared discovery interviews to understand clients’ priorities, business objectives and vision, clearly capturing and articulating those objectives with the Apostrophe team
- Plan and conduct targeted sales presentations according to audience/client needs
- Draft compelling business proposals to win new business
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the full scope of the Apostrophe solution
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray Apostrophe in a positive manner
- Ensure timely and appropriate follow-up after receiving leads with complete profile of client information, including calls-to-action, sources, and dates
- Create and perform professional, effective, video or face-to-face sales presentations
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales and business quality objectives
- Participate in targeted customer entertainment activities, sales meetings, training programs, and conferences as directed
- Manage sales pipeline; leads and opportunities in various stages through close
- Conduct weekly pipeline reviews with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for the successful transition to implementation and account management post-close
- Must be able to travel ~50% of the time
- 5 years experience selling directly to self-funded plan sponsors, health care brokerages or consulting firms
- Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Highly professional and persuasive presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting broker and prospect relationships at all levels
- Ability to translate complex concepts into layperson terminology
- Ability to effectively negotiate
- Must demonstrate trust, integrity, persistence, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacious drive, operate with a sense of urgency
Who We Are
We are a Techstars Boulder 2017 company and certified B Corporation. Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas, Royal Street Capital and Ulu Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners are helping us build a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company, but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and the public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Our home base is near Downtown Denver, with plenty of parking and transit options nearby.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.