Regional Sales Director at Workiva
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) is an individual contributor accountable for driving sales of our Wdesk platform, services, and solutions to target <$1B prospect companies through strategic conversations at all levels within these organizations. The RSD will also focus on expanding opportunities within our existing customer base to incrementally increase sales volume via additional seats and Workiva solutions.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for obtaining new business from Executive level buyers and influencers in either private or publicly traded companies. Successful candidates will build relationships and identify Workiva products and services that meet customer needs to drive customer acquisition within a specific geography or industry. Sales growth is attained through new customer subscriptions, professional services, and set up and training.
- Prospects new business by conducting research to identify key decision makers and influencers within target accounts
- Works with Sales Development Representatives to generate initial customer interest to secure an introductory meeting
- Presents to Customers: Uses the facts found in the needs analysis phase to present a compelling demonstration of the Workiva suite of products and create a customer belief that they must have Workiva products
- Handles Objections: Skillfully probes for objections and removes obstacles or eliminates barriers to gain commitment; understands the difference between a stall and an objection
- Closes Sales: Naturally leads the sales process to a close by demonstrating Workiva superior value proposition
- Negotiates the Sale: Facilitates successful outcomes to optimize profits
- Reports Customer Contacts: Updates customer relationship management tools regularly and timely
- Forecasts Sales: Provides consistent and accurate forward-looking information though pipeline analysis
- Plans Sales Strategy: Plans and executes sales strategy with purposeful action to complete the sale
- Optimizes Internal Resources: Gathers internal support to pursue an account
- Prioritizes selling activities and follows through in a timely fashion
- Maintains a strong knowledge of Workiva products through a commitment to ongoing training
What You'll Need
- Understanding of the Software as a Service business model
- Ability to demonstrate various software applications
- Executive presence; ability to communicate at the most senior level
- Ability to identify and understand the power of influencers versus buyers and how to navigate the nuances of each during sales cycle.
- Ability to manage multiple transactions at one time
- Ability to manage multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate pricing with a focus on retaining value
- 8+ years of solution selling to Executives - Software as a Service model preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred
- 30% Travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Works virtually, residing in the territory
- 30% travel for regular customer meetings and sales calls
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].