MSFI Principal Solutions Consultant at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
The Solution Consultant will serve as a subject matter expert and Solutioning point of contact for several key functions. This individual will work closely with the MSFI Business Development team during the sales process, serving as Solution Consultant for this channel, to provide a comprehensive solution to identify the appropriate platform, products and services to meet the bank's requirements throughout the entire sales and support lifecycle for their Merchant Services program. The Solution Consultant will also be the POC during contract negotiations to conduct comprehensive discovery with the bank to ensure a successful program launch.
The Solution Consultant must be able to establish and maintain credibility and strong relationships with both external and internal partners throughout the sales cycle.
The role incorporates a high degree of internal and external partnership and relationship. The person in this role needs to have a high technical aptitude with a strong business comprehension. They need to be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills and project management capabilities. To be successful in this role, the person must be able to drive consensus among multiple stakeholders, influence others and execute initiatives across multiple departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an integral member of the Sales Solutioning team, you will act as trusted advisor for our MSFI channel. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Working closely with the MSFI Business Development team to provide knowledge & expertise on our platforms, solutions, processes, products and integration methods in an effort to assist the team in selling the right solution to meet the partner's needs.
· Support growth of existing bank relationships through supporting the PPMs with new solutioning needs.
· Develop an intimate understanding of the Worldpay & FIS products and services and how they create measurable value (increase revenue, decrease cost, decrease risk) for the MSFI customers.
· Act as a liaison to product, serving as a first line of defense on supported products and solutions
· Identify existing gaps and present findings to Sales and Product organization to identify possible enhancements to help build and grow the business; ensure that the solution Worldpay is proposing can be supported, enhancing the overall end-to-end solution experience.
· Providing solutioning guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful bank partnerships and merchant engagements.
· Acting as a leader and advocate for finding the right solution for our customers.
· Document requirements, the solution and any gaps identified throughout the sales process
· Work closely with the Implementation teams to ensure a smooth handoff and a seamless implementation
· Support sales training efforts as it relates to new products and solutions
- Influencing and providing input into the Worldpay product roadmaps, including functionality as well as features and tools to ensure the success of partner integrations.
- Support RFP efforts as a SME for MSFI
- Actively contribute to answering sales questions and contributing to the overall MSFI Story.
- Identifying and delivering process improvements related to solution engineering, documentation or other areas as identified.
- Willingness to assist and serve in other key team projects and initiatives, as necessary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervisory duties.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
The ideal candidate will possess deep experience and understanding of payment processing, have a strong technical aptitude as well as customer facing skills at all levels of an organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· 10+ years professional work experience, with at least 5 years directly in the payments processing industry
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills with a variety of audiences including prospective merchants, sales teams, product development, and executive level
· Creative problem solving skills
· Methodical and organized, able to manage multiple opportunities and projects concurrently
· Excellent interpersonal skills; proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with partners, prospective merchants, product development, and sales and services organizations
· Self-motivated, Self-driven, highly-motivated work ethic; never satisfied with the status quo and constantly striving to find ways to make things better, more efficient, and cost effective for customers
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to understand technical detail of products
· Ability to look at and articulate the big picture
· Strong influencing skills and credibility to interact at all levels
· Solution and results-oriented
· Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
· Extended viewing of CRT screen.
· ~25% Travel Required
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.