Billtrust is seeking a supportive and dynamic Manager, Account Development to lead a team of Sales Development Reps (SDRs) to create opportunities that drive revenue in targets across multiple segments throughout North America.
Reporting to our Senior Director, Revenue Marketing, you will hire, onboard and coach our SDR team in driving opportunities down the funnel. You will collaborate with Account Executives, Account Managers, Marketing, and Sales Ops to help expand our user-base and continue to grow into new markets.
Billtrust has enjoyed year-over-year growth for 19 consecutive years and, now that our plans to go public are in motion, our revenue engine needs to be predictable and performant more than ever -- giving this hire a chance to make a sizable contribution to our continued growth.
- Lead and support the Sales Development team to goals, objectives and quota achievement; develop SDRs in their careers towards future customer-facing roles
- Identify areas for improvement and provide real-time, personalized coaching
- Collaborate with Demand Gen to support multi-touch, multi-channel ABM campaigns through account development reps
- Report on individual, segment and team impact; maintain daily activity goals and weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for various business stakeholders
- Proactively work to create, measure and optimize cadences, messaging and outreach for team using A/B testing
- Partner with Sales Training to improve product knowledge and objection handling
- Hold weekly 1x1s, shadowing sessions, and team meetings to improve communication, collaboration and results
- Develop strong working relationships with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure a positive working relationship, solicit feedback, and maximize effectiveness of sales development efforts
- Proven success in sales development, lead generation, or sales type role within a SaaS, software, tech, or related company - 4+ years experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead a team of SDRs and work cross-functionally to learn new approaches, provide actionable feedback to improve results, and implement change
- Ability to drive the team to work within defined frameworks and follow up on tasks in a predefined time frame
- Proven experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tool
- Knowledge of Outreach or another account development tool is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.