Commissions Manager at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a highly-skilled variable compensation lead to join our team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end variable compensation including design, administration and payout, and incorporates planning, data analysis, and hands on execution cross-functionally. You should be familiar with SaaS GTM models (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual and Consumption) and sales/renewal processes, in order to align incentives with roles and responsibilities that support the overall compensation and revenue generation strategies.
We're seeking a self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, evidence-based environment, and demonstrate curiosity, emotional intelligence and initiative. You will collaborate with a wide variety of leaders and partners from around the world. Ideally, you have either scaled or helped scale an organization past 200 participants in variable compensation plans.
The Commissions Manager must also have a strong process and program management mentality, and a deep understanding of how incentives drive business values and goals. In this role, you will work with department heads, people managers, Finance and People Ops to deliver a streamlined variable compensation program to drive CircleCI’s business needs and growth. Experience in a fast-growing SaaS/consumption-based environment is highly valued. The role resides in the CircleCI Central Operations organization and reports directly to the Head of Operations.What you'll do:
- Drive effective compensation strategy, including partnering with People Ops and Finance, and facilitate variable compensation cycle, process, analysis and overall management.
- Work closely cross-functionally to plan, update and execute variable compensation plans.
- Track attainment and calculate payouts in partnership with Finance.
- Deeply understand our compensation strategy in order to assist in developing and administering credit/attainment, compensation plans, design, and policies
- Comfortability transforming compensation calculations and attainment into automated systems
- Research and resolve attainment and commission questions, including calculating and processing adjustments for commissions
- Preparing and distributing out monthly and quarterly commissions/compensation and attainment management analyses
- Develop and deliver training, compensation policy and process and related documentation to all teams with variable compensation
- Lead the end to end compensation function from plan design to plan administration and communications, to credit processing and reporting
- Build and/or maintain a variety of models to track/forecast program costs and determine potential break-even and/or return on investment
- Communicate with the participants of variable compensation plans and relevant partners on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- MBO tracking and payout of attainment to plan targets, including SPIFF programs
- Participate in compensation plan and quota design cycles, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, and quota changes
- Develop commission plan training materials and build earnings estimators/calculators
- Respond to plan design exception requests from regional leadership
- Provide timely and relevant feedback to department heads and Finance teams on plan design on a regular cadence
- Evaluate the current “Reward and Recognition” programs and recommend improvements
- 5+ years work experience in B2B sales compensation
- Understanding of consumption or usage-based pricing models strongly preferred
- Well-versed in incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings, pay for performance)
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, capture needed data, build models and validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, and present results in a compelling manner
- Ability to set strategies and methodologies and drive partner alignment across multiple departments
- Strong Excel skills: use of advanced formulas and arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation
- Comfortable managing processes across multiple departments
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to tackle problems
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce.com, working with Sales Ops to form the right reports and extracting the right data and to ensure data quality
- Creativity is a plus and the ability to be resilient
- BA/BS in a quantitative field preferred
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.