Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking to add a Commercial Account Executive to #TeamGreen based in Denver, Colorado or anywhere in the U!.
The Commercial AE's are responsible for net new customer acquisition for Matillion and driving revenue growth through direct sales and partnership development
What you will be doing;
- Responsible for delivering a quota of free trials & POCs per month to drive logo acquisition
- Manage full sales cycle along with ongoing account management in order to drive revenue growth in a customer’s first 12 months
- Manage all incoming leads and actively prospect for new customers
- Deliver demos and discovery calls with customers
- Overcome objections, contractual hurdles, and maximise the opportunity with customers
- Make a high volume of phone calls and emails sent (50+ calls per day)
- Diligently maintain Salesforce CRM environment by regularly updating all associated records
- Follow existing sales processes for both inbound leads and self-sourced contacts and accounts
Teaming for Success
- Foster strong relationships with our vendor and technology partners
- Enable seller-to-seller relationships to drive new business
- Build strong working relationships with all teams within Matillion; sales, marketing, solution architecture
- Share best practices with peers, collaborate with other members of sales organization to maximize productivity
Technical / Role Specific Essential Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Experience in sales role for a SaaS/tech company
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Proficiency in sales systems, including Salesforce and/or Outreach
- Background in selling enterprise data management software Experience working in a high growth technology company
- Demonstrable experience of working with procurement teams, contractual negotiations, and presenting to senior leadership
- Foundational understanding of Cloud and/or SaaS computing technology and a utility pricing model
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit
- ‘Go-getter’ mentality with a desire to advance career in technology sales
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and with multiple departments
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.