Business Development Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Business Development Manager role is tasked with developing, implementing, and managing Wave solutions opportunities that increase/drive revenue growth by enhancing or expanding the Wave network.
Complex Deal and Pursuit Assist
Assist/lead the direct sales team closing sales of Wave solutions. Includes identifying solutions, providing presentations, and developing/supporting RFP response and proposals. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in Salesforce.com.
Drive Sales Results
Directly engaging the field sales and fiber services business development teams and directors to lead sales pursuits from opportunity identification. Educate internal sales, sales engineering, and business development teams on the Waves network and where our network is unique compared to competition to drive revenue.
Sales Enablement and Training
The Business Development Manager is expected to be a subject matter expert on the Waves network in assigned territory, including market landscape and going forward market strategy. The Business Development Manager is tasked with both enabling and driving sales team engagement through education, targeting support, executive level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support the Waves organization success. Through these efforts, core customers will clearly understand our product offering, competitive differentiation and value proposition.
- Support role and subject matter expert to assist closing complex Wave solutions sales in their region, working with Regional Fiber Solutions Business and Sales teams.
- Create/consult on complex Wave solutions for customers needing guidance for their bandwidth needs.
- Clearly present the Waves network internally (on-net locations, network routing, etc.) to ensure our teams are educated and can sell with confidence.
- Support sales engineers to complete complex solutions for specific customer requests.
- Assess and negotiate options to acquire assets (i.e. fiber or space/power) for network development that supports customer's bandwidth demand.
- Ability to use Salesforce and associated dashboard and reporting functionality.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, marketing, finance, or economics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8+ years sales, product management, engineering, and/or sales engineering experience including working knowledge of business customer applications and network services.
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications business.
- Solid understanding of lit and dark Fiber Services (DWDM, Dark Fiber, Co-location, and Fiber Construction services).
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Solid understanding the Waves business and has proven ability to design and implement a Waves network.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Successful experience in a management role supporting large business customers.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave