Business Development Manager, Engineering Services & IoT
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) for Engineering Services and IoT will drive solution sales growth within the assigned region and to a targeted customer base. They will have extensive experience working in the engineering and R&D services business.
The BDM should have demonstrable business acumen and a have a deep understanding of business sales processes, excellent client relationships skills at the C-suite, and have a passion for technology. Excellent prospecting, negotiating and decision-making skills along with strong inter-personal skills is required. A comprehensive understanding of cloud, connectivity and IoT edge device technology is strong asset.
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the identification, qualification, and acquisition of clients within the defined region while working closely with the local Arrow branch teams.
- Drive and expand engineering services sales.
- Manage a matrixed decision-maker hierarchy and execute on the sales strategy and ensure consistent pricing, quota, planning and that high-quality customer requirements are met.
- Act as the Arrow Electronics trusted advisor, both internally and externally and help ensure the client’s targets are met and that Arrow’s profitability goals are met and exceeded.
- Leverage Arrow Electronics Management Executives and other senior Business Unit Leadership within the account when appropriate to strengthen client relationships and drive high revenue growth.
- Network externally to stay relevant within the assigned vertical and territory.
- Build and manage influential relationships with IoT suppliers and partners and clients.
- Ability to travel to remote, non-headquartered locations, up to 50% of the time.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven engineering services professional with a deep understanding of digital and hardware engineering solution sales.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales and/or business development in the technology sector with at least 5 years of direct experience engineering services.
- Working knowledge and practical experience of all building blocks in turnkey IoT solutions such as PaaS, SaaS, dedicated IoT wireless connectivity, hardware, applications, cloud, analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated and verifiable success through sales at C-Suite and executives at the line of business level
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree level is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead presentations, panels and keynotes to large audiences
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)