Backbone Account Executive, Mid-Market at Backbone
Backbone is a product development platform that empowers brands to make products smarter, faster, and at scale. We believe the future of consumer brands is digital. We provide the platform that empowers brands to innovate, design and develop products at digital speed.
We are looking for a smart, scrappy, curious, and driven PERFORMER to join our Sales team. This is a fast-paced environment and a rapidly growing company. We value hard work and self-starters, and you’ll be learning as you go. The key focus of this role is to drive revenue for the company through new customer acquisition. This is a hybrid inbound/outbound role so a hunter mentality is required.
The first 2 months of this role, while learning our sales process and how to effectively demo our platform, the candidate will work primarily as an SDR prospecting leads and booking demos for existing AE’s. After the first 2 months, the role will transition into managing an entire pipeline from lead to close.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a SaaS environment in either an outbound SDR or inside sales role. They have used a consultative sales approach, and are willing to learn and implement Backbone’s sales process.
Backbone has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We have a fun and fast-growing team based out of Boulder, CO with remote colleagues around the world, and are looking for energetic and experienced team members to help us grow.
We hope you’ll join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Find, negotiate and close deals with some of the best direct to consumer apparel brands in the world.
- Actively prospect new sales leads and business opportunities through relentless planning and outreach
- Use a consultative sales approach to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders (C-level, heads of sales, marketing, and operations) to understand prospective customers’ needs, and utilize superior sales skills to earn new business in a highly competitive landscape.
- Build and execute a robust pipeline and use excellent follow-up to convert every lead, schedule every call, close every deal, and follow up on every commitment that you make. You are persistent and you will approach everything you do with the right attitude and effort.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Success to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Listen attentively and ask good questions to identify inefficiencies and challenges with a brand’s current processes, and present a tailored solution to improve through the use of technology.
- Be curious, introspective, questioning, adaptable, and driven to learn every day in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment.
Who You Are:
- You like to control your own destiny: While you’ll receive qualified leads from marketing, the ability to supplement that through your own hunting and scouting is vital.
- You take a consultative approach to selling and are willing to learn and follow a sales process.
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style
- You ask great questions and take good notes. You’ll be juggling multiple priorities at all times and it’s critical that you keep yourself organized in Salesforce.
- You’re customer-centric . While we believe in a consistent and measurable sales process that moves customers to a decision, we also believe in treating customers and people the right way - with courtesy and partnership! You believe in the long-term value of building trust with your customers.
- Top tier presentation and product demo skills.
- You’re obsessed with gathering and using data to make business decisions
- You enjoy ownership and autonomy in your work.
- Highly collaborative, while you want to win in your role, you know that teamwork is essential for an organization to grow.
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient and thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of sales or meaningful prospecting experience as an outbound SDR.
- Previous experience in a SaaS organization (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com and other tools like Outreach and (preferred but not required).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous , experience in either consumer goods (ideally apparel, footwear or accessories) or the Direct-to-Consumer market a plus
Benefits and Opportunities:
- 4 Day Work Week (Working days are Mon-Thurs)
- Subsidized Insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend
- Stock options for all employees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly Culture Club Activities
Base: $60,000-$70,000 base plus commission