Reports to: Manager of Channel Partnerships
What we do:
Since 1998, SambaSafety® has been the pioneer and leading provider of driver risk management software in North America. Our mission is to guide our customers including employers, fleet managers and insurance providers to make the right decision at the right time. By collecting, correlating and analyzing motor vehicle records (MVRs) and other data sources, we identify driver risk and enable our customers to modify their drivers’ behavior, reduce accidents, ensure compliance, and lower costs — ultimately improving driver and community safety.
What we’re looking for:
As the Insurance Business Sales Representative, you will be a self-starter who consistently demonstrates initiative and drive, managing network implementation, support, and project management delivery. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize critical tasks and projects.
What we want:
- 50% Hunter 50% Farmer
- Retaining current business and Initiating telephone and email contact with potential prospects
- Plan and deliver sales strategies to meet and exceed sales projection
- Ability to evangelize new concepts with proven track record selling in new markets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including adapting pitch decks
- Initiates and execute action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provides timely feedback regarding sales performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all customer proposals submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain the maximum profit margin.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the members of the revenue team.
- Underwrites and produces profitable new related business in the transportation industry.
- Adheres to underwriting procedures and guidelines, while developing strong producer relationships
- Develops client tailored property and transportation insurance programs.
- Manages to cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across a team and with other business units; generates cross-sell opportunities and enthusiastically sources opportunities for other team members
- Knows the SambaSafety value proposition to best position the team for success; is professionally demanding and understands accountability for results
- Organizes and coordinates individual book on a quarter-to-quarter basis and recommends potential actions
- Applies all applicable line of business underwriting guidelines when making choices and adheres to high standards of quality
- Capable of underwriting complex business and will require limited support from energy leadership or more senior underwriters based on authority level
- May or may not act with high levels of underwriting authority, based on experience and qualifications
- Has a thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and governance
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of transportation insurance
- An understanding of the CRM technology ecosystem
- Strong organizational skills and experience with reporting and data trends
- Describe yourself as a quick learner, detail oriented, and a team player
- Ability to organize and prioritize / good time-management skills
- Patience and attention to detail, even on repetitive tasks
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited time off (vacation, sick, volunteer = your choice!)
- Generous insurance policies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Money for fitness programs
- Awesome Culture
- Kitchen stocked daily with tasty snacks and drinks
- Free parking