Account Director at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Account Director will support accounts in need of and in support of fiber infrastructure. The successful candidate will develop customer relationships and drive sales of Connectivity, Colocation and infrastructure services to prospects and customers in the developing 5G ecosystem. The position is responsible to achieve sales and revenue growth targets through consistent account management activities as well as acquiring new accounts. Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive prospecting and selling. A demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of wireless connectivity to macro towers, small cell and backbone networks with the ability to work on large, complex deals applying a consultative and trusted advisor approach.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to targeted account patches.
- Present proposals and manage customers through the sales process.
- Attain high Net Promoter Score results based on excellent customer support in the sales process
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments and or selling net new accounts
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue objectives
- Work with the current Sales team to develop account strategy, solution design, and relationship management on targeted accounts
- Manage high volume of work while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Salesforce and other reporting tools
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of sales opportunities
- . Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Strong financial acumen
- Quick learner who collaborates well with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building/maintaining skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency and desire to rapidly accelerate results and career with Zayo Group Sales
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diverse group of personalities; must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and can work successfully in a matrix management model
- Strong understanding of account management & the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- General understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products, and services such as Ethernet, Waves, IP transport, Dark Fiber, Cloud services/connectivity, and Colocation.
- Ability to travel as required by customers