Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The role of Technical Consultant with FIS Asset Finance will be part of an exciting new team being established outside of the core development center in Christchurch, New Zealand. The role will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified software engineer with the added benefit of working very closely with the client, development and consulting teams to deliver focused developments to meet the organizations specific needs. The role will be part of a global team delivering these custom development and customer technical support to all sites globally.
What you will be doing:
- Develop plugins for Ambit Asset Finance validations and interfaces
- Develop other non-core integration interfaces using our Application Integration Interface architecture
- Develop local customization for websites, both for customers and strategic activities
- Develop scripts and other code artifacts for clients
- Develop data migration processes and scripts for client
- Develop, modify, and optimize Crystal reports for client requirements – not mandatory
- Provide problem-solving assistance for client technical problems (e.g. database, citrix, remote service, memory dumps, performance, timeouts, Web, IIS, etc.)
- When none of the above apply, be available to augment the plant capacity by working on core system changes
- Evaluate and recommend development methods and perform software systems design.
- Write and modify software to meet specified functional and technical requirements.
- Provide input into the system architecture and technical direction.
- Conform to development processes, work instructions and standards.
- Produce development estimates and monitor actual effort against estimates.
- Remain up to date with new technologies and practices relevant to the organization.
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy them
- Identify gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spreadsheets
- Overseeing and providing recommendations for data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring that the solution process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle. This will include all aspects of the client’s business from origination through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management, termination
- Training client staff
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- Professional communication with all levels of the organization
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or professional experience (5 years +) in software development, systems analysis, design and architecture.
- Specific experience developing client-server applications with Microsoft’s .NET framework, using the language C# and Visual Studio 2010
- Specific experience required with ASP.Net MVC to enable for web development
- Significant experience with relational databases Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience working in a team where software development follows sound engineering practices: source control ( Subversion); unit testing (NUnit); bug-tracking ( FogBugz).
- Competence in some or all of the following areas: Crystal Reports, and UML. Object Orientated development and technologies related to the Microsoft development environments.
- A high degree of numeracy and a capacity for complex concepts.
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 50%+), including Overseas travel.
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the FIS organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to communicate technical concepts concisely and effectively.
- English speaking essential, other languages an advantage.
- Independent worker who is capable of operating with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on priority issues and make the required judgement calls and communicate these outcomes.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus in regard to our needs and client needs
- A working Technical Consultant – someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other Developers, Designers, and Consultants in a supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have Relevant business experience in a financial software organization
- Direct competitor knowledge or experience such as IDS, CHP, etc. implementing the respective solutions is essential
- Ability to assess client needs and develop code to satisfy the business objectives and client’s needs
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.