Software Certification Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
- The Software Certification Analyst will be responsible for certifying Worldpay solutions with various new and existing Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). They will use a Project Management approach to effectively support multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with direction and assistance from the team.
- A successful candidate for this position will be able to effectively communicate with external partners and work with internal FIS Product and Development teams to resolves any reported issues. Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
What you will be doing
- Gather and document certification requirements through our Scope of Work document (SOW) from external partners and deliver the certification against the SOW
- Analyzes test results to ensure meets Worldpay product specifications and credit card industry requirements and recommends corrective action
- Maintains documentation of test results
- Maintains ongoing knowledge and understanding of all Worldpay products
- Detail-oriented, team player with exceptional organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to build and foster productive working relationships with internal teams
- Excellent time management skills
- Solutions-oriented attitude, with a drive to contribute to team success
- Knowledge of SQL, XML/SOAP/RESTful Web services, and basic data and networking communications
What you bring
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience with software testing
- Experience with Project Management / Agile methodologies
- Experience in payment processing systems would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, or Business Administration, and/or a combination of training, education and experience; minimum 2 years related experience, demonstrating the ability to succeed in this position
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Exhibits a detailed knowledge of specific applications and has profited from individual projects and various learning experiences to build up an ever-growing knowledge base of the system. Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to system challenges and brainstorms alternatives to a given problem. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.