Social Media Program Manager at CircleCI
As Social Media Program Manager, your goal is to lead the CircleCI social media strategy for our audience of developers, software engineering leaders, investors, as well as current and future employees. You will work with stakeholders across the marketing team to help promote content, news, events, partnerships, and other relevant information, while imparting the brand message of CircleCI through our social channels. The role will own establishing and growing relationships with our digital audience at scale, with special attention to understanding and supporting the needs of developers. This is a strategic role; the right candidate will be excited about finding innovative ways to use social media to support the CircleCI brand through our liveliest and most public channel. You know how to engage and enroll the community at every level: from student developers to startups, from enterprise engineers to business leaders and investors. If you are organized, love making valuable information accessible, and thrive on experimenting and bringing a brand to life, this may be your dream role. The Social Media Program Manager will report directly to the Senior Content Manager on the Content + Comms team and work closely with the VP Corporate Comms.About Content + Comms at CircleCI:
Content + Comms is responsible for telling CircleCI’s story, and engaging our audience of developers and business leaders with useful, actionable, and targeted content. Content is part of the Communications team within Marketing and oversees owned and contributed content, brand voice and tone for the company, and creating assets for both lead generation and brand awareness campaigns. We work closely with the Product Marketing team on launches, the Demand Generation/SEO team on targeting, as well as the Developer Relations team on creating the best technical content possible for our audience.What you’ll do:
- Own social strategy and day-to-day execution for CircleCI social media channels
- Content creation, editing, and publishing. We have a regular drumbeat of content, PR, and events. You know the right way to translate it for social media.
- Triage incoming social communications and redirect to our support engineers as appropriate.
- Grow our following and engagement.
- Monitor, comment, collect feedback, and share updates with the organization on your program.
- Support marketing campaigns, events, and initiatives across social channels.
- Conduct research on emerging markets and audiences.
- Analyze and report on trends that impact our messages.
- Maintain content quality and brand standards across all channels.
- Experience leading and scaling a corporate social media program.
- Experience working with social media channels for both paid and organic growth campaigns.
- Proven ability to think strategically to build campaigns that reach intended audience across multiple channels and platforms.
- Opinions (and supporting evidence) about which metrics matter in social media, and which ones don’t.
- Experience prioritizing initiatives that help drive organizational goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facility with cross-departmental collaboration and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Experience with the developer space, and a community-first approach.
- Ability to advise the rest of the marketing organization on social strategy to most effectively reach our audience at scale.
- Proficient in English language, both written and verbal
- Passion for our mission, for technology, and for helping software teams do their best work.
- Software development experience
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.