CircleCI is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Engineering Operations team! In this role, you will work with a team of Technical Program Managers and Operations Specialists, and collaborate with the Director of Engineering Operations to support the Engineering Organization.
The primary responsibility of this role is to coordinate and drive project delivery. CircleCI is a globally distributed company and this role will require coordination across multiple time zones and geographic locations. To be successful in this role you will need to be collaborative and detail oriented. This role is a great fit for someone with an individual contributor background, who has strong organizational and communication skills.What you’ll do:
- Manage program management procedures and processes to enable multiple work streams to deliver project goals with ontime/known delivery
- Drive for continuous improvements of the program execution and operations by coaching, developing and documenting best practices
- Facilitate the measuring and tracking of the program execution using data driven metrics and artifacts, using the data surface project risks and dependencies
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate risks to project changes or delivery schedule
- Build sustainable and scalable templates, artifacts and processes for projects
- Help build scope, build schedules, and translate requirements
- Track and communicate project status across teams and stakeholders
- Build cross-functional relationships with teams both inside and outside of engineering
- Facilitate program level events, processes, tools, and other information radiators to optimize value delivery across product teams
- Manage stakeholder expectations and relationships throughout the engagement lifecycle
- 3+ technical project/program management, technical lead (or related) experience during which you successfully drove continuous improvement with software teams using project methodologies (eg: agile)
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You’re able to comfortably and confidently communicate and collaborate with all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Strong experience using Jira/Confluence and a solid understanding of software development principles (SaaS and PaaS)
- Ability to deliver technical projects within established project constraints in a fast-paced environment
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.