Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Capital Markets team in any FIS location. Join a team of tenured technical project managers, business and technical analysts and developers, across North America. This role may involve ~25% travel to client sites in the future.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
This Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects. Projects will largely be client- facing implementations and will require a strong project manager who can work with internal teams to ensure client satisfaction and successful installation of software with various integration points. Overview of position includes:
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Managing project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensuring requirements for technology projects align to operational standards.
- Developing, defining and executing project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interacting with development, analysts, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identifying needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years work experience managing technical projects in financial services, as well as excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, and time management skills. Experienced working with infrastructure teams and/or working with installed software a plus!
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- You are very organized and detail-oriented; able to work with shifting priorities
- You love analyzing issues and devising efficiencies to better the client experience
- You are looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a fast-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.