Reporting to the global head of cloud security at IHS Markit you will engage with multiple teams and manage multiple programs and projects to completion across the information security organization. You will work closely with the global head of cloud security and other information security function leads to create programs that align to the strategic roadmap and manage tactical projects that relate to them. To foster technical skills for future growth you will work closely with security architecture and engineering resources to gain required technical knowledge to aid in your ability to estimate work and assess risk to schedules.
Emphasis will be on the following objectives:
• Developing KPI/KRIs for the information security projects/programs
• Utilize Agile issue management and collaboration platforms to track work, monitor utilization and drive efficiencies and accountability for work across the programs
• Creating status reports, maintaining a risk register and identifying similar work across other related function areas’ portfolios to generate executive reports on the progress of the security program
• Maintaining a backlog and roadmap of both strategic and tactical work items that roll up into the various projects and programs you will manage
• 5 - 7 years of experience managing large-scale security programs and projects, ideally in the cloud security space
• Expertise in multiple project and program management delivery methodologies such as hybrid, waterfall, scrum, agile and Kanban
• Expertise in developing backlogs and sprint iterations and driving ownership and accountability across teams
• Expertise developing reporting and KPI/KRIs for project/program delivery across different methodologies
• Basic understanding of security requirements, best practices and execution in various cloud implementation scenarios: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
• Basic understanding of technical security controls, including end-user, office, and data center environments, with a verifiable understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques in AWS, Google, Azure cloud environments
• A naturally curious self-starter - you can deliver on requirements with some limited guidance or supervision, as needed by you and the team
• A relentless learner - you actively seek to add to your skillset and knowledge base while challenging the status quo to drive efficiency in the team
• Strong interpersonal skills – you can communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams
• Insist on the highest standards within the team and actively share your perspectives with the team and the larger information security organization
What we offer:
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
• Participation in conferences and training for Information Security qualifications
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us during the interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can and in accordance with local and regional practices.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.