Project Manager II - Technology at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Cloud Services group is leading the charge at FIS to provide our customers with fully managed IT services for financial systems, reducing their operation and maintenance costs and freeing them to do what they do best in many exciting industries around the world.
What you will be doing
You want to collaborate with a multi-talented, forward-thinking, cross-functional global team whose guiding principles are innovation and excellence. With the backing of one of the world’s leading multinational technology companies, you will enjoy the freedom to experiment, create and grow. You are teeming with fresh ideas, and you want support to help you bring those ideas to life.
As part of the Cloud Services Transition Management team, you will guide customers and professional services colleagues through intricate and highly customized technical implementation projects that run on private and public cloud infrastructure. You interact intuitively with all levels in the organization to analyze requirements, plan delivery, allocate resources, identify issues and opportunities, drive deadlines and report on outcomes.
You are a technical project manager, problem fixer, effective communicator, collaborative supporter, business analyst and process improver. You are self-directed and creatively resourceful, and you thrive on eliciting the best from your project team members. You ensure smooth transitions because you are able to engage the engineers in "tech-speak" and translate their ideas into simple concepts that make good business sense to our customers. Conversely, you translate customers’ often vague requirements into clear directives our technical teams can deliver on. Although you generally go “by the book," you recognize when it's appropriate to go "off-road" and you seize those opportunities. You intentionally seek out problems just to have the satisfaction of solving them.
In exchange for your talents and long hours, FIS offers a great place to work with benefits such as flexible time, holiday pay, healthcare, travel insurance, Friday breakfasts, discount gym membership, and the chance to contribute to a growing and dynamic technology group while working closely with talented people in different parts of the world.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or related degree
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- 5+ years technical project management experience, with time spent on cloud implementations
- AWS or Azure experience
- Managed Services experience
- Exposure to Treasury, Payments or Insurance Applications
- Previous experience in Financials, FinTech or Insurance preferred.
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, database, networking and cloud concepts
- Outstanding project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project, Celoxis, audit tools, JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy Service Desk, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, Metrics and Control, PlanView, SharePoint, MS Teams, Confluence
- ITIL certification a plus
- Client onboarding experience highly preferred
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.