Professional Services Manager at Formstack
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a remote work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform.
What You Will Do:
The Professional Services Manager will manage our Professional Services (PS) team and lead a multiple disciplinary team in the delivery of customer contractual obligations. The Professional Services Manager provides the strategic vision and leads service delivery for Formstack’s Professional Services team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Experience, this leader will be responsible for developing strategies and operations to deliver best-in-class services (i.e., consulting, implementation and educational services) to help customers accelerate their data collection transformation. The Professional Services Manager will work to build and scale a services business, in a bold, fast-moving, transparent and values-led organization to enable customer and company success
How You Will Succeed:
- Create service offerings aligned to enterprise and commercial market segments, including value positioning, scope of services, collateral, and pricing.
- Managing the PS team through the successful implementation of Formstack’s solutions
- Ensure completion of projects on-time and on-budget
- Drive projects and initiatives that meet or exceed our revenue commitments.
- Ensure the successful completion of quality product and solution implementations utilizing strong leadership, project and resource management skills
- Be accountable for services' financial goals and metrics, including bookings, revenue, gross margin, and utilization.
- Develop and follow the project timelines for all projects utilizing the standard implementation documentation
- Act as an evangelist for services, assisting sales with selling and serving as an executive sponsor for our strategic customers.
- Directly oversee implementation and project management for Enterprise customer engagements.
- Provide bi-weekly status reports/KPIs to the management team and other internal staff
- Actively participate in the refinement and implementation of internal processes and procedures based on client feedback to support Formstack in solution/service deployment, and customer relationship management
- Ability to drive projects in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation
- Proficiency in collaboration, conflict resolution, group interaction and dynamics, project management, and facilitation of significant projects
- Maintain a high level of commitment to superior customer satisfaction through the entire duration of the customer relationship
- Coach and guide your team to professionally, appropriately, and independently manage implementation and project management for all levels of customer engagements.
- Completion of initiatives to improve quality, reliability, and repeatability of services
- Financial success for the Professional Services organization (i.e., bookings, revenue, project and gross margin, revenue per employee and billable employee)
- Delivery metrics (i.e., customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, utilization)
Supervise a staff of Business Solutions Consultants
What We Are Looking For
- Process Management - Develops and or uses work standards, and measurements to track performance.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement focused on quality, workflow processes, and efficiencies.
- Leverage resources including people, technology, research, and data to maximize performance.
- Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Leadership - Leads through vision and values and models leadership behaviors.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects, and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with a candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Administrative Management - Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely activity and performance reports.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Previous management experience in Services, Professional Services, Consulting, and/or project management; vendor or third-party consulting experience in a Software environment is preferred.
- Previous experience leading multiple projects that span client stakeholders, including internal senior leadership and external influencers
- Demonstrated ability to secure and maintain professional work relationships with clients interact within all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.