Manager, Project Management (Software Impl.) at Granicus LLC
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities.
Granicus needs a strong Manager, Project Management (Software Impl.) to join the leadership cadre of the implementation team. The position is responsible for the programmatic delivery of the Host Compliance. Establish and evolve the operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized, areas of focus) to best serve our clients, and accomplish strategic objectives. Set standards for project management and business analysis capabilities, including certifications and qualifications for client-facing staff, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc,.
Strong Software Implementation Manager candidates have a mix of business analysis and project management experience. They will have demonstrated experience managing project teams and working cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders. Moreover, strong candidates will possess the ability to aggressively prioritize competing requirements and establish a path forward that is fit-for-purpose for the program's current and future needs.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee a portfolio of projects ranging in size.
- Establish the client-facing structure, hiring, capacity planning and managing staffing requirements in line with pipeline development.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Program Managers and Business Analysts.
- Oversee training development and delivery within the implementation of projects.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
- Establish close working relationships with cross-functional teams (e.g. Product Management, Engineering & Sales) to continually drive improvement in the govService platform and products
- Create a formalized & repeatable process to capture lessons learned and incorporate the learnings into future projects
- Drive the program in the coordination of major feature releases and helps ensure ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams are involved.
- Proactively manage Program Risk through data-driven analytics and ongoing risk remediation efforts
- Drive Agile teams to facilitate release planning preparedness.
- Develop and maintain implementation (client- facing) training program
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges, and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
- Provide transparency into the organizations backlog, providing visibility to work in flight, aligned to progress against defined scope
- Monitor, maintain and report program health (i.e., progress of feature completion, program predictability) with the purpose to provide transparency on program delivery of value.
- Coach and lead the program team in practicing Agile principles and leading practices, identify program/team training opportunities and solution/facilitate as needed.
- Coach and mentor leadership in Lean/Agile best practices and mindset.
Who You Are:
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Communication: Strong communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, and servant leadership skills
- Experience with agile methodologies: Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience
- Highly consultative, driving toward client-outcomes
- Experience in a business analysis, change management or project management role
- Experieince developing, managing and preferably facilitating Train-the-Trainer program(s)
- Experience with large scale tech implementations
- Possess high level of intellectual curiosity that drives you to ask great questions and seek supporting data to make decisions
- Possess superior communication skills - oral, written, and visual (ex: process mapping/workflow)
- Ability to develop a long-term vision and break it down into specific, manageable deliverables that incrementally move a diverse team toward a common goal
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze business process/operations and create understandable KPIs that effectively measure key outcomes
- Ability to travel, as needed (up to 30%)
- PMP, or PMI- ACP certification
- CX experience
- Experience managing a team of project managers
Security Requirement: Responsiblefor Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
*Starting rate may vary by experience and/or location*