Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Member Experience team prides itself on providing world class customer service for our clientele. We are looking to add a training manager to support our Member Experience team from the start of their Hotel Engine career to continued development and support for the team and individuals. We strive to consistently improve our processes and elevate our team to the next level. Our current associates work closely with all clients; from individuals, to hotel suppliers and even our API integration partners to resolve any and all detail changes. Therefore, we are looking for a training manager who is proficient in phone, casework and chat.
- Collaborate with Member Experience leadership team and our People team to create a seamless onboarding process to Hotel Engine for our new hires
- Responsible for all training class preparation, facilitation and completion - you will be the warm greeting that Hotel Engine gives to our new employees
- Utilize a professional and engaging approach in the presentation of training programs, ensuring interactive methods are employed.
- Incorporate training methods that support all learning styles in the delivery of training programs.
- Provide regular updates to our Member Experience leadership team regarding progress and/or performance of new hires during training.
- Partner with Member Experience Specialists to develop and update training materials to achieve performance improvement and external customer satisfaction.
- Conduct training classes in a manner consistent with supporting the business in meeting its goals and objectives; i.e., ensure trainees are adequately prepared.
- Own all SOP documents and is responsible for keeping these organized and up to date with the ever-changing processes our company iterates on.
- Lead skill sessions for our tenured employees to provide consistency in communication to our members as well as help elevate our employee’s professional practices.
- Consistently seek to improve our day-to-day practices, including efficiency gains from a technical aspect, and collaboration with leadership on how we can implement 1% improvements.
- Compensation: The base salary for this position is $55-$60k based on prior experience.
- 2+ years customer service role
- 1+ year in a training manager role in a start-up/high growth environment
- Great Presentation Skills; effective in a variety of formal and informal presentation settings; one-one-one, small and large group facilitation.
- Experience with Call Center Analytics, Microsoft, and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- You have a passion for learning, and will have knowledge in business practices, technology, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Customer Obsessed: you are dedicated to meeting the expectations of both internal and external customers and rise to the occasion.
- You are a time management guru and can work through your day, week and month effectively.
- Excellent active listening skills
- People and results-driven with a bias towards action
- Eager to learn and continue personal development for the team
- Experience working in the hospitality industry or the travel tech industry a plus!
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program