Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for day-to-day locate and damage prevention efforts within an operating area to prevent outages that result from damages to the OSP fiber optic cable network. They will assist in auditing locate vendors to ensure accurate locates are being completed on time. They will use locate equipment to validate and locate Zayo facilities as needed to prevent damage strikes occurrences. They will provide onsite inspection of high-risk areas of construction activity near the cable plant and implement preventive actions prior to damage strikes occurring.
- Work with locate vendors to ensure all locates are accurate, completely located, and performed on time according to state laws.
- Perform desktop audits on locate tickets to verify accuracy of locates to prevent damage strikes from occurring.
- Perform on-site audits as needed using locate equipment to validate locate accuracy.
- Maintain relationships with construction contractors known to be working on projects in each operating area, raising their awareness of our cable plant’s location and making certain they are using best practices to avoid strike damages. This includes private company projects as well as civil infrastructure projects such as road widening, water, sewer, gas, tree trimming etc.
- Works closely with Zayo market OSP personnel to understand the status of inflight relocations they are working on and other activities that could represent a risk to the cable plant as well as strike damage documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures or utility locator.
- Must have 2 year of familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and preventive strike damage procedures such as potholing, bore pit windows etc.
- Should have an excellent understanding of locating methodology, locating state laws and locate vendor/s contractual commitments.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to drive as required.
- The employee must perform on-site inspection required to ensure maximum protection of the Zayo network is achieved and maintained.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various municipalities construction contractors and locating companies vendors to understand their project scope and make them aware of our network location relative their activities.
- Full ability and willingness to pull on call duty when assigned, as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 lbs.
Base salary range: $60,000-$70,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time