Manager, Strategic Development Operations at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Manager of Strategic Development Operations is an exceptional communicator with a proficient understanding of operations for successful application development and outstanding stakeholder management. Exercises Project Management on high profile, urgent priorities and is responsible for operational, department & program planning and oversight, ensuring strategic alignment and integration of activities across multiple organizations and functions. Owns many strategic goals, priorities, functional tasks and successful outcomes across Product, Corporate and Executive levels at Zayo.
The role includes researching, designing, and refining the standard operating procedures and systems integrations that ensure an effortless development experience and set or adhere to standards for best practices. An ability to understand complex system dependencies and translate stakeholder goals into technology solutions is critical. An individual with a hunger to solve problems and improve operational performance will excel in this role.
- Outstanding organizational skills, highly resourceful and proven project management
- Deep understanding of the people and cultural norms that are behind our values, processes & technologies.
- Strong analytical business acumen and financial aptitude
- Deep understanding of Telecommunications technologies: Network Connectivity and Quote to Cash process.
- Proficient in interpreting business and technical requirements and making decisions that are optimal for Zayo’s vision.
- High performing, attention to detail and results-oriented
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, asynchronous programming, and data structures.
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn new technologies, be part of a collaborative team, and maintain a transformational and creative mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical and non-technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Proven ability to document highly complex processes, procedures, and/or policies
- Deep understanding of business process and operating models as well as customer process and mission.
- Ability to balance short term with long term strategies and resource allocation
- Industry Acumen – Profound understanding of industry and business dynamics
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships at all levels of organization
- Ability to present and communicate with executives
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, impeccable business judgment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in an ever changing and ambiguous environment
- Strong storytelling skills
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Drives operational efficiency initiatives that improve customer experience, employee engagement & profitability.
- Develop growth strategies for areas of responsibility and provides business rational, suggested priority and risk assessment
- Drives high impact performance driven culture
- Provides innovative thought leadership
- Workforce Planning – ensuring workforce readiness and market opportunity responsiveness
- Highly collaborative ensuring alignment with business initiatives, priorities aligned with Values
- Problem Solving – approaches problems in rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Change Management – Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously while appropriately prioritizing long-term projects with urgency of immediate demands
- Write a variety of executive, customer & training presentations and communications
- Develop and operate forums for effective communication – Chatter Groups, Google Sites, Webinars, releases, agendas
- Provide real-time and current information on all deliverables, while monitoring and evaluating activity / progress on projects to determine need for change / escalation.
- Partner with leadership to cross-cut existing organizations and deliver high impact processes.
- Process enablement, tools, reporting across organization.
- Regularly provides information, deliverables and support that ultimately help leadership be more productive and effective.
- Engineering, computer science, management or technical IT field
- Telecommunications focus is a plus
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness member discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave