Director, Real Estate at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director of Real Estate is an integral role with a broad set of strategic and tactical objectives focused on the management of Zayo Networks’ real estate portfolio to ensure long term capacity in place to support revenue growth. Strategic management of the current portfolio with an eye for potential cost savings & ISP optimization will be critical. Experience managing real estate, specifically in the telecom industry, is a key requisite for this role.
This role will interface with a broad set of individuals at Zayo, and the ability to develop productive relationships with other functional teams will be critical: product management, corporate finance, corporate development, sales, network, operations and engineering, legal, etc.
- Full management of Zayo Networks’ real estate portfolio; key point of contact for ongoing commercial dialogue with landlord and property managers
- Commercial lead on facility renewals, footprint expansions and reductions, relocations, site acquisitions, and any other real estate activity
- Identification and financial/commercial evaluation of new builds, site purchases, and new lease evaluations in various US and international markets; broker/agent engagement, negotiation and execution of new leases and purchase agreements, and evaluation of complex/creative expansion models to accommodate near term and long-term cost optimization objectives
- Conduct site tours and walk-throughs while gathering full facility information, including capacity profiles, in order to support informed decisions and carefully evaluate expansion options
- Real Estate group’s point person on business cases, with full financial projections & alternative analyses, to secure internal (executive, CEO, Board of Director) approval for real estate activity
- Support and leadership of real estate due diligence during site acquisition activity, including commercial lead on purchase agreements, title transfer, environmental and other property testing, etc.
- Ongoing scanning of existing portfolio to determine areas of potential cost optimization by virtue of right-sizing space, lease terminations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business; MBA or other relevant Masters’ Degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years of real estate and/or telecommunication experience
- Willingness to travel (assume ~10-20% of time)
- Strong financial and analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound recommendations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting group objectives
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave