Client Support Representative at CampMinder
Date posted: 10/4/21
Time to complete application: 15-20 minutes
How to apply: https://campminder.com/culture/
Ideal start timeline: October
Compensation: The starting salary for this role is $45,000 plus eligibility for bonus.Location: Colorado (Boulder/Denver area) preferred or remote in GA, NC, MI, NE, NJ, NY, TX, or WA.
At CampMinder, we build web and mobile products that help summer camps streamline their business operations. As a member of our Support team, you’ll be interacting with our incredible camp leaders when they reach out for help. Your mission is to provide world-class support with empathy, humility, and heart. CampMinder’s #1 priority is employee engagement and our mission is to foster a world where work is fulfilling and life is fun - for our employees, camps, and families we serve. Since 2001, CampMinder has been an industry leader with over 900 camps and 500k+ campers throughout the United States and beyond.
Our support philosophy centers around empathy, humility, and heart. As a Client Support Representative at CampMinder, you’ll help camp directors, staff, and parents navigate our platform and answer questions whether they call in or submit help tickets. Every day, you’ll learn something new about our platform, clients, and the camp community. You’ll advise and empower clients by providing conscientious, comprehensive, and knowledgeable support. You’ll learn how we approach challenging situations with kindness and ownership at each step of the process through resolution. Your work will enable camps to optimize their business processes in order to spend time creating a positive impact for kids.
In this role you will:
- Deepen and broaden your understanding of the CampMinder platform. We’ve developed a comprehensive, 5-week training to ignite your career here!
- Refine your phone and email communications so they are efficient, empathetic, comprehensive, tactful and clear
- Have an eye out for any product or procedural improvements; you take ownership to move that forward or implement with your team
- Apply your meticulous attention to detail to help you keep updated and accurate records of relevant information in our CRM
Do many or all of these describe you?
- You have thrived in a role where you directly supported clients for the majority of your day
- You seek out opportunities to help others
- You’re often the “go-to” friend for technology help because you quickly learn new software/technology and teach it to others
- You’re able to rapidly think through and solve complex problems
- You’re able to teach and explain processes clearly and efficiently on the phone and in writing
- You have the ability to stay calm in emotionally charged conversations. You’re able to imagine yourself in somebody else's shoes and meet them where they are
- You proactively look for more ways to add value, contribute, and keep learning
A typical day as a CSR (working remotely) at CampMinder:
- Starting times are staggered for our CSRs, so you might hop on the phones between 7am or 9am depending on your shift. Before your daily group stand-up meeting, you get a jump on some tickets (support requests from clients) that are in the queue. You quickly prioritize the most urgent and dive in. Using your masterful CRM (Salesforce and CampMinder) skills, you zip through them and respond to each client with eloquent and clear instructions that solves their problem and educates them for future cases.
- During the team stand up, you’ll align on priorities for the day, give and get updates on client cases and interactions, and engage with your fellow CSRs.
- Back on phones, it’s a breeze for you to walk clients through a solution to their question and you also find a few other features to teach them along the way. You both sign off the call feeling great and you proceed to document relevant notes in our CRM.
- Calls and tickets continue for the morning. You occasionally check in to our company Slack to read any new release updates and notes from the team. There are often a few hilarious posts or dog photos your colleagues have shared too.
- This afternoon you have a 1:1 with your manager where you discuss your personal and professional development, upcoming time off, advice on a challenging case you experienced.
- After a mix of short, long, simple, and challenging calls and tickets in the afternoon, you sign off feeling confident in your abilities to help our amazing camp clients power through our platform.
A few of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Wide selection of medical, dental, and vision coverage options (the company's contribution covers 100% of at least one option for each)
- A variety of resources to support mental health and emotional well-being
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all new parents, including via surrogacy and foster care
- 401(k) with 4% company matching, vested immediately
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO (and yes, we use it!)
- Monthly wellness allowance
Our employees have the option to work mostly remote, mostly at home, or mostly at the office. Currently, employees working on-site are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. We are beginning to host office socials and celebrations again so it’s great to have local folks excited about joining us in-person occasionally. We require anybody working remote to have a very reliable, high-speed internet connection.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE. We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized groups.
Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you're not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We'd love to have the opportunity to consider you!