Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Alarm Fault Manager has primary accountability to ensure that environmental alarm events from the Critical Infrastructure (CI) Network Elements (NEs) successfully propagate through Zayo’s network and report into Netcool for visibility to the DFS NCC for North America. This role will provide guidance to the CI team on matters of data integrity (in M6 and Salesforce) and NE alarm reporting for both IP enabled and non-IP enabled CI NEs. The Manager will carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of the failure of a CI NE reporting environmental alarms into Netcool and represent the CI team on customer calls to discuss the RCA and develop action plans to mitigate future failures. A requirement of this position is to work collaboratively with the IP Telemetry team to build out the IP Telemetry network into DFS locations (acquisitions and new builds) across North America. Must be able to be responsive to the DFS NCC 24/7 for matters related to environmental alarming. Will manage staff within the CI team that are tasked with functions related to CI NE environmental alarming and data integrity.
- Responsive to Field Operations and the NCC to determine why alarms did not get from a site to Netcool.
- Data entry of IP enabled telemetry equipment into Salesforce and M6.
- Creation of capital budgets for telemetry and alarm hardening projects.
- Project management of telemetry and alarm hardening projects.
- Use the Telemetry and Monitoring (TAM) tool to determine fiber availability to build out new telemetry routes.
- Work closely with the IP telemetry team to collaborate on the planning, design, and deployment of new IP Telemetry routes.
- Work with other product groups to facilitate the migration of environmental alarms of product group equipment that is be decommissioned.
- Work with the Network Control Center (NCC) and Client Management to carry out root cause analysis as to why the NCC did not receive environmental alarms.
- Manage the Westell Optima EMS to ensure updates to the platform are carried out and new RTU's are enrolled.
- Work closely with NOPSS to identify where Netcool/ Resolve auto-ticketing rules need to be modified and/or created.
- Work with other members of the Critical Infrastructure team so as to assist in developing the telemetry and alarming architecture and BoM for new POPs and ILAs.
- Configuration of new RTU's.
- Single point of contact for the IP security requirements on behalf of the Critical Infrastructure team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology Management with an emphasis on Telecommunications.
- 10 to 15 years of experience with a combination of field installation, commissioning, and provisioning of telecommunications critical infrastructure, transport, and Ethernet equipment. Ideal experience to have included logging into equipment via craft port or via IP.
- In depth familiarity with the operations of and alarming for various Critical Infrastructure Network Elements such as:
- DC Power Plants
- HVAC Systems
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS’s)
- Environmental Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s)
- Surge Suppressors
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Solid understanding of how network alarms can propagate from a physical location to the NCC.
- Hands-on experience with structured cabling (Copper & Fiber).
- Full understanding on how to configure a static IP address on a laptop.
- Working understanding and knowledge of how Identify Management (IDM) works.
- Experience working with Netcool and SNMP traps.
- Experience using client software (I.E. Putty/ SecureCRT) to Telnet or SSH into a network element.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors for equipment purchasing and contracting of labor.
- Understanding of the physical layer components required for telemetry and alarm hardening so as to be able to create a Bill of Materials for budgeting and purchase request purposes.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave