Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Head of Compensation will serve as a member of the Human Resources leadership team to support the Chief People and Culture Officer in compensation strategy development and program leadership. The role is responsible for the optimization of Zayo’s compensation investment through the design and implementation of Zayo’s compensation strategy, structure, program, implementation and communication.
- Has full leadership responsibility of the Compensation function (executive and broad-based) aligned to Zayo’s People & Culture Strategy
- Serves as a member of the Human Resources leadership team
- Designs and implements global compensation strategies, programs, systems and policies
- Responsible for base pay, short-term and long-term incentives, job evaluations, external market analysis, salary adjustments and salary surveys, merit increases, promotions and recognition programs
- Communicates the value of the Company's compensation strategy, policies, programs, and recognition to leaders, managers and Zayoites
- Act as internal consultant on compensation for leaders, managers and internal partners within P&C team
- Leverage systems to optimize programs
- Liaison with finance team on costing and reporting
- Ensures compensation practices are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven experience and knowledge of compensation philosophy, global compensation programs, administration, vendor management and compensation systems. MBA a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range: $150-$170K
- Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave