Senior Contracts Administrator
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Contracts Administrator
As a Senior Contracts Administrator within the National Space contracts department reporting to the Business Unit Manager, Contracts, you will manage Contracts and mentor department personnel as assigned.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and Manage assigned program Contract actions.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of Contract Management and engage, collaborate as needed with related functions to achieve Company and Customer objectives.
- Work covers not only the full spectrum of contract life-cycle responsibilities, from new business to closeout but will lead non-standard actions e.g., Contract Novation actions and Bid Protests.
- Draft non-routine contractual instruments. Excellent knowledge of corporate policies and procedures or corporate governance principles coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies. Expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations (FAR / DFARS / NFS).
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on the complex and/or critical programs encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal - contract close out).
- Responsible for collaborating with other employees in the department, cross functionally and on programs, and for establishing effective relationships with key customers.
- Assist the Business Unit Manager, Contracts, as well as the Organization Director in reviewing contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various federal regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Utilize high degree of critical thinking, independent and creative judgment and sound business judgement with outcomes in alignment highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation. Activities may require development of new contract policies and processes or assessment of required deviations from established norm.
- Demonstrate technical and relationship proficiency with multiple Customers, Products and Services.
- Project confidence and demonstrate positive influence with Customers, deliver results and outcomes to the benefit of Ball Aerospace.
- Effectively represent the Contracts function to Enterprise-wide Working Groups.
- Conduct contractual presentations for internal and external management and ensure contract information on programs is accurately entered into appropriate BATC business applications.
- Advise and consult to resolve business/contractual problems with program management, internal organizations, or customer representatives including non-standard issues (e.g., Disputes / Bid Protest/ Property / Security/ Subcontracting).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in Federal government contracts related work preferred.
- Government and Commercial (domestic and international desirable) contracts experience.
- Experienced with multiple Government contract Types (cost reimbursable, award fee, incentive fee, and Firm Fixed Price contracts).
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation strategies.
- Analytical thinking, risk analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Leader with solid conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- CPCM certification preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Solid communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $94,500 - $127,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.