Team Lead, Solutions Engineer at Datadog
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will lead a team immersed in a startup-like environment where you will be challenged, but also will immediately witness your contributions to Datadog.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of Solutions Engineers who respond to client requests, reproduce and troubleshoot issues, and dive into the 400+ integrations that Datadog works with
- Ensure successful onboarding of new Solutions Engineers
- Help triage Solutions Engineering queues and work with Product and Engineering on urgent matters
- Review and help prioritize Solutions Engineering escalations
- Dispatch customer requests throughout the day as part of a queue rotation schedule
- Oversee demo training and assist in demo certification
- Assist with incident response during outages/incidents, communicating with customers and providing our internal teams with info that we’re getting first-hand from those customers
- Build out documentation and knowledge base articles for a variety of technologies
- Passionate about people management and/or mentorship with previous experience leading a team
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire for continuous learning
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach
- A tinkerer with some programming experience and a basic knowledge of Linux
- Able to work a rotating schedule that requires weekend availability
- CS or Engineering majors
- Active contribution to open-source projects (code, bug reports, etc.) and the Engineering Community (Meetups, etc.)
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Lead Solutions Engineer - Denver has an annual starting salary of $100,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.