Sr. Customer Success Manager (West) at Freshworks
NOTE: This is a field based role. Must be located in California, Utah, or Washington area to be considered
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
Freshworks provides intelligent customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to win customers for life. More than 50,000 businesses trust Freshworks, including our employee engagement, customer engagement and CRM solutions, to better support employees so businesses can increase customer satisfaction and lifetime value. Our products are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
- “Own the customer” as the single point of contact, defining a success plan with deliverables, and ensuring clear communication across all activities of the customers’ post-sale journey
- Be consultative and build in-depth relationships and a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives
- Build credibility, relationships, and influence C-level stakeholders by advocating our ‘Customers for Life’ philosophy
- Be passionate about the products, understand the outcomes the freshworks product and its features deliver to customers goals.
- Provide coaching and education to improve adoption of the Freshworks product
- Identify, clearly communicate and manage risk throughout the year through proactive touchpoints and taking the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Own renewals, forecasting, and mitigation of at-risk accounts
- Identify successful customers and turn them into advocates, measured by participation in reference calls, case studies, webinars and blogs
- Introduce and implement new products and features to your customers based off of needs that you have uncovered in your strategic conversations
- Partner with Account Managers to help ensure expansion opportunities are identified and closed successfully
- Develop and execute all phases of a subscription renewal plan by ensuring on-time invoicing and onboarding all customers to project managing potential development or functional improvements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support, and Execs) to complete customer goals, be the “Voice of the Customer” to provide visibility and/or escalations, and maintain strong reference ability across your book of customers
- Travel required - 50%
- 5+ years CSM experience and preferably within the SaaS industry
- Experience working closely with C-level / SVP-level executives at customers (CIO, CTO Preferred)
- Experience with executive business reviews and running engaging webinars
- At ease demonstrating product functionality; ability to provide comprehensive overview of key business use cases
- Experience creating structured programs to drive adoption
- Experience influencing change in complex organization
- Engaging phone & video presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident, and extremely professional
- Comfortable in fast-paced, global team