Sr. Business Development Manager
If you are adept at grasping and translating technical ideas, enjoy pooling resources with multiple teams, and have experience in the US Military, US Department of Defense, or Aerospace & Defense industries, we may have the perfect role for you! As a Business Development Manager, you'll meet with customers, facilitate new business opportunities, and develop and execute capture strategies. You'll oversee market assessment, monitor market activity, identify customer needs, and provide assistance for new product development planning activities. Your duties will also include assessing program opportunities against target market, core proficiency, revenue potential, company ability, and projected business forecasts.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Overall responsibility for business development planning and execution related to Civil Space programs.
- Responsible for achieving the capture of new business consistent with the annual orders plan.
- Responsible for developing and updating Capture & Campaign Plans that support Destination's growth targets
- Responsible for developing the return on investment analysis for the strategic pursuits
- Responsible for review & update of the Orders Forecast
- Responsible for management and oversight of Business Development staff, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study
- Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Typically 6-8 years of relevant experience with some experience in Business Development
- Advanced knowledge of NASA acquisition procedures, especially those at the Johnson Space Center
- Ability to understand customer requirements and operations concepts and interpret, translate, and explain detailed technical ideas to technical and non-technical audience
- Progressive experience with technical marketing, proposal development, and program management or engineering design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to motivate/work with others
- The Duty station will be in Houston Texas, supporting the Johnson Space Center
- Exposure to proposal coordination activities to ensure proposals are staffed and supported to achieve success
- Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, emphasizing rapid fielding of capabilities, with minimal supervision
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense, or US Military
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.