SMB Account Manager at Greenhouse Software
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
We are looking for a Pacific or Mountain time zone based SMB Account Manager for our Account Management team here at Greenhouse!
Our Account Management team is in charge of driving customer retention, growth and expansion opportunities, and continued product optimization and adoption. As an Account Manager, you will own the renewals and up-selling of new products into our rapidly growing ecosystem of customers.
You will not only ensure a premium experience for our customers by understanding their business objectives, but also partner with our Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Finance teams to streamline workflows and communication processes within Greenhouse.
- A strategic hunter – you thrive in a competitive environment, and can clearly see the full picture of an account, driving revenue by recommending the best solution for both Greenhouse and our customers
- A thoughtful mediator – you're successful, effective, and helpful through tough situations and hard-to-close negotiations
- A collaborative teammate – you love working with others and utilizing strong partnerships to achieve the best outcome, whether internal or external
- A hardworking problem solver – you're not afraid to test, iterate, and chip in ideas when it comes to solutions. You roll with the punches and can adapt, but are excited to be a part of the fix
- Identify and put together strategic account plans that map out expansion and other upsell opportunities
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted renewals and expansions to meet quota objectives
- Partner with Customer Success Managers for shared management of your customer relationships
- Position yourself as a strategic partner to key stakeholders and champions within named accounts
- Continued assessment of Greenhouse’ alignment with customer’s business objectives and goals
- Identify and mitigate churn risk clearly and own resolution strategies, advising sales leadership of ideal resolutions wherever appropriate
- Be an active participant in building and improving internal operational processes
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent time and process management skills
- Strong pipeline management and familiarity with Salesforce
- Proven success navigating organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and the decision-making process for SaaS investments
- Experience with a sales quota and closing sales deals
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**