Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
A Senior Sales Engineer understands that while prospective customers share many characteristics, each is unique and requires a carefully constructed solution to help them achieve their specific security goals. We are looking for a senior sales engineer who is able to discern where a customer is on their security maturity journey and assess whether or not the Red Canary solution fits into their current project plans and organizational needs.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are ecstatic about the opportunity to guide prospects through the customer journey and evangelize the Red Canary solution. In this position you will have the opportunity to creatively identify opportunities for improvement and take the reins on implementing solutions.
Much of your day-to-day work consists of pre-sales interactions as you support a team of Account Executives during presentations and proof of concepts. While not directly supporting your team, your time will be focused on a variety of project work and ad-hoc requests. Project work may include performing product research-and-development, maturing current functional processes and writing and refactoring scripts.
Please note: Preferred candidates will be located in the Southeast region
What You'll Do
- Advocate for the customer and ensure they are always heard, understood and taken care of
- Create and deliver custom presentations that capture the problems, solutions, and overall progress throughout the proof-of-concept journey
- Facilitate interactive, informative, and tailored proof-of-concepts
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of primary security tenants including: confidentiality, integrity, availability, role-based access control, segmentation, etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental cloud infrastructure concepts: virtual private clouds (VPS), compute, elasticity, and the storage, processing, and securing of data
- Able to maintain a big picture view of the solution, understanding not only the technology but how the solution fits into the overall business problem that Red Canary is solving
- Willingly push back on customers when it is in their best interest; comfortable with difficult conversations
- Listen first and are adept at working across internal and external teams with competing priorities
- Focus on the needs of prospects and are genuinely excited about forging a path forward when none exists
- You are an absolute professional, comfortable working with day-to-day technical practitioners as well as those at C-Level
- Bonus points if you are adept with Windows and Linux command-line and are comfortable with configuring systems, troubleshooting, and interacting with scripts or have experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc.
- Bonus points if you have practical knowledge of enterprise endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions including the ability to administer and configure EDRs, understand metadata and its value in delivering visibility to organizations and are driven to proactively hunt through large endpoint datasets in order to find activity of interest
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years sales engineering experience
- An understanding of the rapid evolution occurring in the security marketplace
- Working knowledge of the multiple facets that constitute a security program: security operations, risk management, compliance, incident response, etc.
- Hands-on experience with security products and services (bonus points for EDR/EPP familiarity)
- Adept in Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems (and relevant supporting technologies)
- Industry certifications such as GIAC, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or MCSE a plus
Targeted Compensation Range (salary/uncapped commission): $200,000 - 220,000 OTE (depending on experience) + equity
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.