Senior Director of Grocery & Fuel Partnerships, Payments
Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new line of business invigorate you? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment problem-solving with some of the brightest minds in technology? We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded leader with a successful track record in sales to win new retail partnerships for participation in Ibotta’s new payment platform.
- Unlock the highest potential retail verticals such as grocery, mass and convenience using a combination of innovative tactics to secure participation and marketing budgets
- Own the entire sales process, gaining approvals, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new programs, and evolving those programs based on data-driven results
- Beat annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and expansion of existing business
- Develop and deliver compelling sales presentations that educate prospective clients and partners on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Attend conferences and industry events to build relationships, close deals and establish yourself as an industry expert
- Negotiate terms and create win-win partnerships through creative and fresh entrepreneurial approaches
- Ensure that sales process align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate goals and maintain a consistent and collaborative line of communication with internal stakeholders
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through high-touch client management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as analytics, marketing and product to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
- Manage 1-2 direct reports in sales or client success roles
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national retail sales experience with expertise in grocery a plus
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve through complex sales with C-level executives
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- Travel up to 40% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.