Senior Business Development Manager at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Senior Business Development Manager
Directs the pursuit of new business opportunities and coordinates development and application of mission critical technologies across the business unit. Partners with the mission analysis team to identify customer capability gaps and develops innovative solutions to improve mission effectiveness. This position will report to the Tactical Solutions (TS) Life Cycle Strategy (LCS) group, helping to identify and assess business opportunities, while shaping opportunities in line with the TS business strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Focus on the customer: understanding the strategic environment, threat capabilities, customer priorities and requirements. Understand customer perceptions. Shape opportunities to promote Ball Aerospace solutions.
- Partner with Mission Areas to identify customer capability gaps and develop solutions across a broad customer base to include: Platform prime contractors, Army, Navy, Space and Air Force R&D offices.
- Special programs & technology coordination.
- Operational urgent need proposals.
- Customer account managers and onsite support.
- Conformal Antennas
- Low Observable
- High Temperature
- Imaging, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems
- Electro Optical and Infrared
- Partner with the Mission Analysis Team assess mission gaps and analyze solution effectiveness.
- Lead opportunity identification and qualification thru business gate reviews
- Support capture and proposal activities.
- Provide leadership and coordinate the business strategies across the corporation.
- Complete competitive analysis studies, maintain surveillance over market, and review/shape new opportunities
- Support framing of teaming strategies for assigned mission area and/or pursuits.
- Assure customer satisfaction and manage customer relations.
- Pursue strategic and tactical programs to create a diverse market base.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $171,000 - $235,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.