Sales Operations Reporting Analyst
The Sales Operations team is looking for a talented, motivated Sales Operations Reporting Analyst (SORA). This role is responsible for overall monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reporting. Functions include collecting, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting on sales and CRM data to measure sales performance, create and maintain sales dashboards, and communicate sales results and metrics to company executives and other business units. In addition, the SORA will perform ad hoc data analysis and manage special projects as assigned.
The SORA manages large and complex datasets which will be used to identify opportunities to increase the productivity and efficiency of the sales organization. This role will also identify gaps in data needs or reporting. This process includes defining the need, documenting requirements, and collaborating with organizational business partners to effect change. This individual completes their data management and analysis responsibilities through high use of CRM and CRM visualization software systems and requires developing high proficiency in those systems.
This role is part of the Sales Operations department which is responsible for developing sales efficiency and effectiveness, business processes around those efforts, and maintaining the infrastructure necessary to properly support commercial excellence.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Participates directly in month-end bookings reconciliation process and publishing actual bookings results to include analysis of actuals to forecast variances
- Tracks and reports on key sales metrics and evaluates sales performance measured against sales goals; distributes results to sales management in a timely manner that enables proactive, strategic decision making
- Provides data analysis, organizes, and filters data to report monthly commissions to appropriate stakeholders
- Maintains rep scorecards and rankings related to quota and territory performance
- Provides general sales reporting and information to finance, product, and other business stakeholders
- Evaluates and helps improve data quality and cleanliness; assists with any data conversion efforts
- Develops, coordinates, and facilitates professional relationships with internal and external subject matter experts and cross functional stakeholders
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and projects, as needed, to support business needs
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience at a fast-paced technology or healthcare company highly preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (advanced or higher in MS Excel)
- 3+ years’ hands-on data analysis experience, to include querying and reporting experience
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, intense attention to detail, capable of balancing multiple projects
- Fast learner with demonstrated flexibility who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, follow-through on details, and provide input and feedback as needed
- Ability to balance competing business and technical needs and assist in reaching best business practices