Sales Operations Manager, AMER Commercial Security Sales - Opportunity for Working Remotely at VMware Carbon Black
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware’s Worldwide Customer Operations team manages nearly every company activity that touches our customers. That includes corporate planning, go-to-market strategies, the introduction of new products and services, and end-of-life strategies for all company offerings, too. Our team acts as a crucial connection between VMware’s sales teams, partners, and customers. We educate all three groups so they’re informed on the company’s solutions, how best to use them, and how to yield their maximum potential. We help customers succeed by ensuring that our salespeople are well-prepared and equipped to deliver the right VMware solutions for the customer’s specific challenges.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The VMware Security Business Unit is the fastest growing SaaS business unit of VMware. This role reports to the Sr. Business Operations Manager of AMER Commercial Sales for the Security Business Unit, collaborating with AMER Commercial Sales leadership to drive, enable and support initiatives to achieve AMER Commercial Sales goals. This role is a critical Sales Operations business partner to execute strategies and lead initiatives to accelerate revenue growth, leading best practice sales execution initiatives in a SaaS context and managing efficient sales operations to improve sales productivity and accelerate sales cycles.
- Sales Productivity – Define and lead initiatives to drive sales performance and productivity in a SaaS context to fully exploit land, expand, cross sell & up sell, and renewal sales motions in partnership with the wider VMware core sales and sales operations team.
- Forecasting – Manage the forecasting process, drive initiatives to improve forecast accuracy, ensure critical actions visible to achieve and exceed forecast. Ensure sales forecast addresses risk and opportunity in the pipeline and deal execution, leverage analytics to support improving forecast accuracy.
- Sales Performance – Manage sales KPIs and performance review cadence, leverage sales analytics for insights and actions to improve sales performance. Partner with enablement teams to address training and enablement needs. Identify barriers and friction to sales performance, drive initiatives to address and improve sales performance and win rate improvement.
- Deal Execution – Support sales management and sellers with best practice deal execution techniques, drive acceleration of deal sizes and effective partner with Core and Specialist sales teams to maximize win rates for VMware.
- Operations business partner – act as the business partner for Americas Commercial sales teams assigned to this role, liaising on program across HR, Finance and GTM Operations. Develop and maintain strong relationships with regional Sales managers, technical sales teams, and Core sales operations to help improve sales performance. Act as the point of escalation for Sales for any Sales, Delivery Operations or deal issues/challenges.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience and strong expertise in fast growing SaaS sales operations and execution commercial roles
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology related area is required
- Proven attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Broad knowledge of Professional Services and the processes, challenges and business context associated with PS, based on experience in a variety of roles/functions
- Knowledge of sales and revenue forecasting processes and approaches
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Ability and willingness to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Salesforce and intermediate Excel
- Eagerness to translate high-level business objectives into actions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- Experience with Tableau, PSA tools, and advanced Excel preferred
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Sales Administration
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.