Sales Insights & Operations Lead
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for a Sales Insights and Operations professional to partner with sales leaders to launch and optimize new sales channels for Gusto. As a key contributor to our sales team, you will play a critical role in developing the go-to-market capabilities for our highest growth and most productive sales team. This role provides a unique opportunity in that you will support and help evaluate and shape rapidly growing and strategically important segments of our business. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Day-to-day support of sales programs: Provide day-to-day support and thought partnership to our Sales leadership, including ad hoc decision making support, reporting and analyses, cross-functional collaboration and one-off projects.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Support, develop, and execute larger go-to-market strategy projects (e.g., sales team structure, sales role redefinition, account and lead prioritization).
- Territory Design: Develop, manage, and optimize sales territories.
- Workflow improvement: identify inefficiencies in our lead flow from marketing to sales to customer support; structure tests, measure and roll out improved processes
- Comp & Quotas: Develop quotas and provide input to compensation plan design.
- Fiscal Planning: Partner with our Finance team to develop quarterly and annual financial plans.
- Sales Productivity & Enablement: Develop pipeline management best practices, and metrics / analytics to enable sales teams and sales manager productivity
- Business Analytics: Partner with our other Sales Ops team members, Finance team, and Marketing team to develop sales metrics and forecasts.
- Cross-Functional Partnerships: Partner effectively with Sales leadership, Finance & Business Operations, Marketing, and Product teams.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of highly analytical experience, ideally in sales or business operations. Experience at a fast-paced technology company preferred.
- Previous experience as the main sales ops partner to a sales leader.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills: intense attention to detail.
- Thorough experience analyzing data to drive insights and decision-making.
- True passion for sales: you creatively find ways to make sales teams more productive.
- Fast learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done.
- Deep experience with typical sales-stack technologies and analytical tools (e.g., SFDC, SQL, Tableau or similar).
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.